stuck



I knew I was stuck when I finally had a chance (encouraged by my Farmer!) to get into the pottery studio and I didn't even want to sit at the wheel.  I dug some clay out of the reclaim bag and smooshed it like a lousy stress ball.  I made a cracked, ugly pinch-pot.  Braided a lopsided braid.


Then I did what I finally realized I'd wanted to do all along:  slam that clay down as hard as I could.  Felt good.

I talked with my potter friend while I mismanaged the clay, and then left.

: : :

I've been waiting on my blog, too, checking in every couple of days to see if anything had maybe changed in my absence.  But with nothing to say.  Nuthin'.  Not even for my "what's for supper", which should be easy enough to keep up to date.



I'm still stuck.

Not sure when I'll come unstuck (or - oh dear - unglued? unhinged?!).  But I'm still here ... wherever "here" is.

: : :

{This reminds me of when I'd call my little sister and get her answering machine.  She used to have one of those machines with an actual tape in it, I think, so that you only had an allotted time for your message, and then you got cut off.  So naturally I'd try to fill it up, then call back and just pick up where I'd been interrupted.  Maybe chastise the machine's bad manners.  Just filling up space, till she'd pick up - or for her to laugh at, later.}

: : :

This post, I'm just marking time.  Documenting the nothingness, if you will.



And I have every confidence that I'll read it later, and laugh - because something better will have come to pass.  The fog will have cleared, and I will see again.



1 comment:

  1. I serve a risen Savior
    He's in the world today.
    I know that He is living,
    Whatever men may say.
    I see His hand of mercy;
    I hear His voice of cheer;
    And just the time I need Him
    He's always near.

    He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
    He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
    He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
    You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart.

    In all the world around me
    I see His loving care,
    And though my heart grows weary,
    I never will despair;
    I know that He is leading,
    Through all the stormy blast;
    The day of His appearing
    Will come at last.

    Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
    Lift up your voice and sing
    Eternal hallelujahs
    To Jesus Christ the King!
    The Hope of all who seek Him,
    The Help of all who find,
    None other is so loving,
    So good and kind.


    Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/503#ixzz20EydmODK


    I can't say why, exactly, but this song came to mind. Gives meaning to life when we're stuck, I guess. I don't feel stuck right now, maybe more like the hamster on the wheel (which isn't really all that different from stuck, really!) but I've been learning about and learning to trust God's Sovereignty. He knows what he's doing, and why, and how it will all work out for his glory and for our eternal good. And that is enough. We can trust him.

    ps. my answering machine was digital, but poorly trained when it came to manners. thanks for the messages. :) answering machine messages are kind of like blog post comments, they just brighten up the day a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...