5 minutes on friends


  



[parameters:  every Friday, the gypsy mama supplies a topic and we write unedited for five minutes and then publish.  voila!  today's topic:  friends]




They come in all shapes and sizes, my friends.  All personality types and all types of interests, values, and economic status.  They vary in fashion sense and common sense, intelligence and humor.  

This is good.  They fill my gaps, strengthen my weaknesses, challenge my assumptions, need my encouragement.  We're co-dependent, you might say, in the healthy community sense of the word.  

It sours sometimes.  I envy her and she judges me and we get tangled up in who we're not instead of who we're meant to be.  But iron sharpens iron and if we don't lose our temper under pressure we'll be sharpened by the grinding, strengthened by the differences.

My friends, my sisters .....

[time's up]

6 comments:

  1. stopping by from gypsy's...love the description...what I am growing into...
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WORD! So true. I think most close friends are like sisters. You wanna yell but then you love with such deep love. good post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well since my sister is posting in your comments section...also... I have to agree best friends are like sisters...and sometimes they ARE sisters!
    lol.
    Good post.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you talk about you friends - Beautiful. Even if we disagree and shout at each other, we are still the best friends, true sisters.
    have a lovely week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post. It was a quick, light, encouraging read. Peace and blessings.
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete
  6. and blessings to you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...