sugar freedom: day eight

May 6, Sunday
[from my post on MOMYS]


In an effort to go sugarfree for breakfast, we had our trial "raw granola" (the term "muesli" is not going over too well at our house) this morning.  My Farmer and I enjoyed it - you're really aware that you're getting your fiber, that's for sure!  A lot was going on at breakfast (toddler issues) so I don't recall what the children had to say about it.  Oh, wait, Nice was gobbling it up dry and loving it.  That sounds like a "go" to me!!

What was in it?  About 2 cups oats, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup almond meal (today I bought slivered almonds for next time), 1/2 cup coconut, some cinnamon, cardamom and allspice.  Cover with milk.  . . .  I'm guessing that with yogurt, cold milk and possibly some fresh/frozen fruit, this will be a winner.  And complete protein, yes? (grain + dairy).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[next post on sugar freedom]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...